SPONSORED CONTENT FROM THE EAGLE ROCK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Dear Eagle Rock Community,
What a year it’s been for everyone.
In response to the health pandemic, an economic crisis and continued racial injustice, our Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council and community pulled together and collectively helped our fellow neighbors. On behalf of the ERNC Board, I want to thank all of our volunteers and supporters for helping us serve our awesome community.
Our Board and committees coordinated local and regional COVID-19 response efforts, developed new partnerships, advocated issues critical to stakeholders such as rental assistance for tenants, additional resources and housing for unhoused residents, pedestrian & traffic-calming upgrades for Eagle Rock Boulevard and a more equitable People’s budget.
Highlights from this year include:
- Officially established our Committee on Aging Neighbors, Housing & Homelessness Committee, and Sustainability Committee
- Team of Housing & Homelessness Committee volunteers partnered with TERA to conduct outreach and provided food and hygiene kits for our unhoused neighbors throughout the year
- Committee on Aging Neighbors set up a Senior hotline and sent postcards to hundreds of senior residents with valuable resources; also partnered with Bite Me Gourm-Asian and Dave’s Chillin and Grillin to feed our aging neighbors during the summer and holiday seasons
- Pivoted and held virtual meetings with guidance from City’s Department of Neighborhood Empowerment
- Distributed COVID-19 safety lawn signs throughout Eagle Rock
- Became active member of the City’s newly formed LGBTQ + Alliance of Neighborhood Councils, celebrating our City’s diversity
- Funded local groups such as Audubon Center at Debs Park, Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High PTSA, Community Disaster Preparedness Foundation, The Eagle Rock Association (TERA), and Eagle Rock Elementary Education Foundation via our Neighborhood Purpose Grants that would support some of our most vulnerable neighbors
- Welcomed our new Councilmember Kevin De Leon and his team this past Fall, who have been very responsive to the local needs of our stakeholders
We plan to continue our momentum into 2021, advocate for vital resources for local businesses, amplify the voices of our neighborhood, increase our outreach and look forward to collaborating with more neighbors to help make Eagle Rock a thriving community for everyone.
If you would like to join our efforts, you can get involved with a committee or run for a seat on the Board. ERNC elections for each of our 19 seats will be held on April 13, 2021. We will host an information session in early January for anyone interested in running or learning more about the role of the ERNC. You can email us at email@example.com for more details.
We want to wish you and your family health, happiness, and peace during this holiday season.
ERNC Board President
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS MAKE BOULEVARD SENTINEL JOURNALISM POSSIBLE THRU THE PANDEMIC